Play Therapy & School Setting Specialization
In today’s world professionals who work with children must engage schools. Recognizing that children spend at least 6 hours a day in school with teachers, counselors, nurses, and other children, the need to coordinate one’s work with schools is essential. All the research shows that the therapeutic connections in school are a critical part of the child’s healing . Learning about the theoretical and philosophical foundation of sand tray, puppets, and/or a doll house for example, is critical. Knowing AND using Evidence Based Practices in a school setting can help develop a nurturing environment for children. This specialization in Play Therapy will position one in a leadership role to create this therapeutic environment for other professionals as well as for children.
- Master’s degree in Mental Health, Education or Related Field
- Approved application with essay (click HERE for application)
- $50 non-refundable application fee (fee is applied to cost of specialization). The $50 non-refundable application fee can be used as Kids Inc. store credit if the complete program isn’t a perfect fit!
$580-Get our Specialization Program for just $450
1. One hour of one on one consultation with a program director
2. 15 CE hours (listed below)-900 minutes = 15 NBCC hours
- Technology and social media: What does that mean to play therapists, school counselors, social workers, teachers and parents?-2 CEs
- Getting Ready for School…Does that have anything to do with Play Therapy and a Play Room?-1 CE
- The School Year Is Beginning: Play Therapy With The School Counselor, Agency Therapist, And Private Practitioner….What Common Interests Do We Share?-1 CE
- The Holidays: Using Play Therapy to Help Children Deal with the Holidays-1 CE
- Helping Children With Social Skills Deficits -2 CEs
- Play Therapy with Gifted Children-2 CEs
- Get Moving: Play Therapy for Boys and Active Children-1 CE
- Death and Play Therapy -1 CE
- Help! How can play therapists, parents, and school districts work together to support a child with possible developmental/academic delays? -2 CEs
- Play Therapy and all the ‘inappropriate’ behavior of kids in the Play Room-1 CE
- Enuresis/Encopresis in Play Therapy-1 CE
3. Book: The Administrative Challenges of (Play) Therapy
4. 5 Hours of Bonus Webinars (Topics of your choice)
At the end of the program, professionals will earn a “Certificate of Completion” in this Specialization area.
Contact us for more information HERE