Play Therapy Trauma Specialization
Everyone is talking about Trauma. Especially after what the world has experienced in the not to distant past. Trauma was historically connected to abuse, violent behaviors, or catastrophic events. As professionals who worked with children researched and practiced, they recognized that trauma exists in even more circumstances such as divorce, bullying, or parents being absent due to military service. To understand the subtleties and nuances of the spectrum of trauma for children, one needs to be well grounded in theory AND Evidenced Based Practices, such as experiential approaches. A specialization in Play Therapy in Trauma will help one become a Trauma Informed child care provider . Whether you work with foster care, abused or terminally ill children, this specialization is for you.
- Master’s degree in Mental Health, Education or Related Field
- Approved application with essay (click HERE for application)
- $50 non-refundable application fee (fee is applied to cost of specialization). $50 non-refundable application fee can be used as Kids Inc. store credit if the complete program isn’t a perfect fit!
$580 Program Includes:
One hour of one on one consultation with a program director and 15 CE hours (listed below)
- Sexual Trauma in Childhood: Impacts and Play Therapy Approaches – 2 CEs
- Play Therapy With Sexually Abused Children…….Putting The Pieces Back Together-1 CE
- Expanding Trauma Knowledge and Techniques into Play Therapy -2 CEs
- Play Therapy: Breaking the Ice and Building Rapport with Traumatized Children -1 CE
- Screening Suicide in Play Therapy Settings -2 CEs
- Kids Who Come Into The Playroom: Depression In The Playroom-2 CEs
- Play Therapy Techniques: When Toys Are More Than Toys-2 CEs
- The Doll and the Doll House-1 CE
- Children Can Heal from Trauma and Abuse and You Can Make the Difference in Play Therapy -2 CEs
At the end of the program, professionals will earn a “Certificate of Completion” in this Specialization area.
Contact us for more information HERE